Just a few of the questions we get asked often at The Footcare Service
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I book an appointment?
What is the Foot-Health Practitioner register?
Is your equipment sterile?
Yes, we ensure that all our equipment is sterilised in accordance with British medical standards. Sterile equipment kills bacteria and any infections that can reside on the equipment. If the equipment isn’t sterilised the bacteria can develop into fungus and it can be passed onto the nails if not sterilised. We use vacuum packed quality equipment so that whilst travelling to our clients our equipment remains sterile until the pack is opened in front of our client and used immediately.
Is my information secure?
Yes, here at The Footcare Service we adhere to the Data Protection Act 1988. All our information is recorded and stored in accordance with the 1988 Act:
- Our records are fairly and lawfully processed on our clients database which is locked at all times
- Processed for limited purposes, to ensure we provide a safe treatment
- Adequate information processed, relevant and not excessive
- All information is adequate and up to date
- We store the information and keep for 7 years as required
- Our information is processed in line with our clients rights
- All our information is stored securely in a locked safe
What makes you different to other providers?
Here at The Footcare Service we have a few factors that make us different:
- We provide a quality service in the comfort of your own home
- Our Footcare staff are trained in specialised areas to assist our clients that have the following medical conditions: Dementia, Parkinsons, Stroke, Diabetes
- All our equipment is sterile in accordance with British requirements and vacuum packed to ensure the equipment stays sterile until they are used
- We provide an aftercare card to ensure that you and your family/carers know what treatment you have had and how to continue to look after your feet until our next visit
Recent news and updates